Saturday, October 23, 2010

Oxford Trial Day 5 (sort of, but not really).

Well, today I was going to keep going with the Oxford trial, but decided to take a break. So today I didn't do any vocab words out of the book. Double vocab tomorrow I guess :(

Today was pretty sweet. In the afternoon, I went to Renan's house again, which is quite cool actually. The house is two floors, one where mostly everything is (kitchen, bedrooms, etc), but after ascending a spiral staircase upwards, you'll reach a truly unique place.

Upstairs there isn't really anything besides this one large room connected to a balcony, overlooking the neighborhood. What populates this room is two sofas, a pool table, and a large, wooden table. Most of the time this table is empty, however when friends are over, that table can occupy (in this case): an Ethernet expander/wireless router, up to five desktops, an Xbox 360 + monitor, and high-definition speakers. As an eighteen year old male, I was more happy to spend my time up there for the afternoon.

While I was there, I tried to Skype my parents. So I learned that when five people are all feeding on limited bandwidth, things get sticky.

After spending a couple of hours there (and getting my ass handed to me in "Snooker" [Brazilian Pool]), I went home and read 'The Shack". I'm almost done with it now and I still have no idea how it will end. I love those kinds of books.

That's basically my day. Sorry I'm not so interesting today. More later hopefully.


1 comment: