Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Kite Runner + Tasty Honey = :)

After school today, I started reading Kite Runner.

I'll admit felt pretty out of the loop about reading this book now. I remember how in my Junior year of High School, literally everyone was buried nose-deep in this book. I didn't realize until why until today.

I can't even begin to describe how awesome this book is. During times of trouble, crossroads where one has to make decisions...big decisions seem to be common. These times when one has to choose between what is right and what is easy can easily transform someone for the rest of their life. Kite Runner masterfully conveys how important it is to stand up for something/someone you love, by showing what happens when you can't. This is one of the many things I've learned from the work.

In short, good read. Pick it up if you haven't already.

Interesting tidbit today:

For the past several afternoons, a swarm of bees had been lurking outside my window. Despite numerous spent cans of weaker repellents, they still protected their nest.

Today though, we busted out the big guns: EXTRA STRENGTH RAID, BABY! HELL YEAHH!

Anyway, to celebrate our victory, we took the nest as a trophy and allowed the honey to drain out into a bowl. That honey, we all spread on the evening's Pão de Queijo.

Victory never tasted so sweet; foi bastante deliçioso.

1 comment:

  1. Did you worry about the Raid getting into the honey you ate? If your hair starts falling out, I guess we will have the answer to your question..

    ReplyDelete